My blog began in June 2011 and features posts on:
- Selected current affairs.
- Making sense of numbers.
- Music and youtube videos.
- Food and cookery.
- Domesticity (cats’n’dogs mainly).
- Trips, travel and transport.
That was the original idea anyway. My problem is an unbalanced inflow of (great) music. There’s inspiring stuff on the radio, and the moment I go into youtube I can’t help but follow links to further musical discoveries.
Since November 2013 I’ve concentrated on posts based on a musical clips with some commentary.
My posts are informed by a diet of:
- BBC Radio 4.
- BBC 6 Music.
- BBC Radio 2.
- The Observer newspaper.
- Wikipedia and youtube.
- Studying with the Open University since 2002.
- Growing up in the 1970s.
- Travelling in the 1980s.
There are supplementary pages on:
- Tunes – links to songs selected from the 6 Music Introducing Mixtape; anyone into ‘modern indie’ will surely find items of interest.
- Gigs – a diarised list of gigs and concerts (although the original intent was to write more); supplemented since 2012 with films seen.
- Travels – to become a diarised list of trips and travels. New page created 2 January 2013 and currently work in progress.
Thanks to TB & JH (JH has since become Mrs JB !) for getting me started.